1. To overcome gases and acidity of the stomach, avoid fenugreek, soar flat curd, fermented items, canned foods, cashew nut, plain cucumber, plain groundnuts, chilled water, cold milk (specially at night), milk shakes, mango pickle, fried potato items, radish.
2. Do not sleep immediately after meals. Sleeping immediately slows down digestion and increases burning and sour sensation.
3. Drink one cup of hot water after both meals. Hot water will avoid heaviness, fullness of stomach and help you to reduce weight.
4. One cup of buttermilk helps digestion. Add ginger, coriander leaves, mint leaves, asafetida, and natural salt to increase medicinal value and reduce gases. All or two of the above herbs will be helpful. More home remedies on improvement from gas at www.total-health-care.com/home-remedies/gas.htm
5. Eat 1-2 fruits for breakfast. Fibers and natural supplements help to retain energy and overcome gases and acidity of the stomach.
6. Avoid eating sweets after the meal. Eat and enjoy sweet food at the start of the meal so that the aggravated digestive fire will digest it easily. Avoid drinking water after sweets.
7. Drumsticks, pumpkin, beans, cabbages, salad leaves, cauliflower, snake gourd, wash sponge, carrot, rich gourd, spring onion, capsicum, ash gourd, field beans, French beans, Indian salmon fish are good to overcome acidity, gases and overweight.
8. Your chances of developing an irritated bladder can double if you are drinking more than four cups of caffeinated coffee each day. Caffeine in tea, chocolate and cola are also irritants. For the cheap and befitting homely cure for common ailments - www.total-health-care.com/home-remedies/home-remedy.htm
8. Beware of factors that rob you of a good night's sleep: Arguments before bedtime, caffeine, sugar, vitamin C and intensive exercise. To relax, take a hot bath, drink a cup of herbal tea or a glass of milk and read. A drop of lavender or orange oil on your sheets can also help bring sweet slumber.